What is a cookie?
A ‘cookie’ is a piece of information sent to your browser by a website you visit. The Site uses first-party cookies (those set by a web site that is being visited by the user at the time, e.g. cookies placed by .poshtrader.com) as well as third-party cookies (set by a different domain), as described below.
Cookies can be stored on your computer for different periods of time. Cookies could be in a form of either “session cookies” or “persistent cookies”. A session cookie only lasts for as long as the browser session and is automatically deleted when you close your browser. A persistent cookie survives after your browser is closed and will remain until it expires (as determined by the third party placing it) or you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies help recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
If you do not want to receive cookies from third parties, you can also change your browser settings on your computer or other devices you are using as described under the “How to control cookies” section below.
The following sets out how we use different categories of cookies, as well as information on your options for managing the settings for the data collection by these technologies:
- Necessary cookies: Used to provide users with services available through the Site and to use some of its features, such as the ability to log-in and access secure areas and provide pop-up notices. These cookies are essential for using and navigating the Site. Without these cookies, the basic functions of our Site would not work. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Site and the services, you cannot refuse them.
- Functionality cookies: Used to remember choices (e.g. user name, language or the region users are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
- Performance/Analytics: Used to recognize and count the number of Site visitors, to gather statistics regarding how visitors move around the Site (including a number of page views, number of visitors, and time spent on each page) and for conversion tracking and click hotspots. This helps us improve the way our Site works and the user experience on it, for example by making sure users can find what they need easily.
- Advertising: These cookies are used to show you relevant advertising.
Cookie used to integrate third-party services: Used to integrate third-party functionalities on the Site (such as videos, maps or social networks plug-ins).
- Other third-party cookies: Some parts of the Site, including but not limited to new widgets use content provided by other websites. These third-party sites could set their own cookies. We have no control over third-party cookies. You can turn them off by disabling them on your browser (for more information, read the as described under the “How to control cookies” section below).
How to control cookies
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies or to notify you when cookies are being stored. If you disable cookies or refuse to accept a request to place a cookie, it is possible that some parts of this Site will not function properly or will not work at all.
You could find more information about cookie management on the most popular web-browser help pages at the following links:
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
We may change the type of third-party service providers that place cookies on the Site and amend this Cookies Policy at any time by posting the amended version on the Site. Unless additional notice or consent is required by applicable laws, this will serve as your notification of these changes.